Tuesday 25 September 2012

Och aye the noo

Last week we spent a few days visiting the west coast of Scotland; home of my ancestors
A cruise along Loch Lomond, just 6 people onboard (it was lunchtime, so I guess everyone else was having a nice pub lunch!)
Thankfully the rain kept away, so we could enjoy being out at the front of the boat
Altogether now... ♫
Next a trip to Largs, home to The Pencil monument
Single ice-cream nougat courtesy of Nardini's at the Moorings...
... enjoyed whilst looking over to the island of Cumbrae, as the sun began to set
Over on Cumbrae, they like to make the most of the rocks.

Millports's Crocodile Rock, long before Elton John sang about it (!) ...
and an actual rock face at Bell Bay (if you shout at it, the echo is amazing!)
Finally, several (and I mean several) trips around the island to find the 5 posts which, if you touch all 5, are said to bring you good luck
... I still haven't won the lottery though...



5 comments :

Jess Cox said...

This is so beautiful! I love that you share your fun travels with us!

Fiddly Fingers said...

What a beautiful place!

My Norfolk Life said...

What a lovely trip - your photos are lovely. Makes me want to get back up to Scotland again!
Claire

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I love your blog and just became a new follower! Maybe you could return the favor? Hop on over to: www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com, read it, and follow me if you like it! That'd be AMAZING!

Positively,
Sarah

Tiffany @ Blabbering Thoughts said...

Wowwww, those pictures are fabulous!! Newest follower from the hop :)