Saturday 2 March 2013

Flash, Bang, Wallop, What a picture!

For Christmas, my husband bought me a course with Red Cloud Photography
I use my Nikon D3000 camera all the time, but like many digital SLR owners, I only really use the automatic settings. So I jumped at the chance to learn more.
The day was great. The beautiful, but freezing surroundings of the Birmingham Botanical Gardens and the warmth of the Study Centre.

We learnt all about aperture...
And we got to grips with shutter speed ... 
Heart shapes in the tree trunks... heart obsessed...
And when I say it was cold, it was cold! Look at the photo Simon Bolton, my tutor, tweeted...
The day? A fountain of knowledge...

4 comments :

Jeanette said...

What an awesome present - you must have a very special husband! And beautiful pictures! I've been wanting to try a DLSR but just haven't worked up the nerve yet.

Fiddly Fingers said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Wouldn't have minded doing this myself :)

My Norfolk Life said...

What a lovely present! I too only use by DSLR on auto...must learn more about my camera!
Claire

Unknown said...

Now I want to break my camera out! How nice! Swinging through with the blog hop. Check me out @ www.feelingtheemptynest.com when you have time. Thanks:)