Monday 10 June 2013

Back To My Teens

Since I was ten years old I have loved Bon Jovi. It all began when I copied a friend's cassette of 1988's album NEW JERSEY.
Over the years I have seen them so many times that I have lost count. As a teenage I bought albums, singles, posters and many t-shirts. Choosing a retro t-shirt for this week's gig took some time...
Even one from Milton Keynes 1993 - I won tickets for this concert in a magazine competition 
When I was young, I even met the band (dodgy photos alert!)
Back in May 1993, myself and my sister tracked them down to a quiet moated hotel on the outskirts of Birmingham. There, with just two other people, we waited for the band to come out and sign autographs for us...
That same day they had recorded parts of the video for the single 'I'll Sleep When I'm Dead' ...


This week I saw them live, here in Birmingham and I felt like a teenager all over again!
quintonwench.com

5 comments :

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

How freaking awesome. I know you had a rockin' time! Great pics. :D

pinkowl07.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This girl is jealous. I've watched their concert specials on cable, but it's just not the same. Maybe on their farewell tour, lol.

Unknown said...

OH! I think I just re-lived my youth! Ah -sweet memories of Bon Jovi. I can remember standing around the pool as a 12 year old wailing tunes from New Jersey with my friends until the neighbours yelled and told us to be quiet. Those were the days!

Unknown said...

I LOVE BON JOVI!!!
Just found your blog!
Now following!!
looking forward to keeping up!!

Ohh I have a giveaway going on, check it out if you like! :)

xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

How awesome! Cool photos from '93 too :)
Congrats on your baby!

I wanted to invite you to join our Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Tuesday nights till the end of Saturday, come link up if you have some time :)

http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/06/meet-greet-blog-hop-29.html