Friday 16 May 2014

Under The Sea

These sets of earrings have two things in common; both are using materials from the sea and both are super quick to make.
quintonwench.com

Shells:

I sourced two similar shells from my shell jar (doesn't everyone have a shell jar?!?). My husband used a craft drill to carefully make a hole into the top of each shell.
quintonwench.com
I then took two loops off a broken keychain and attached them to the shell and then to the earring fish hooks.
quintonwench.com

Pearls:

On to a small hanging hoop, I threaded my pearls. I used Gutermann pearl beads and some pearl buttons off a broken necklace.
quintonwench.com
Using pliers I simply secured this to the fish hooks.
quintonwench.com

**** Linking up at these sites


1 comment :

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

As kids we would walk the beaches while on vacation collection beautiful shells, then when we arrived back home we would spend hours creating thing from our collection. Love the earrings. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com