Tuesday 8 July 2014

Charming

If you're a little too old for the latest craze of Loom Bands, then this Fabric Charm Bracelet project is for you - and it's made up of items you may find in your crafty bits and bobs.
quintonwench.com
I used a scrap of floral fabric and some charms.

Using the sewing machine, I made a tube out of the fabric (hemming the tops for a tidy finish). 
quintonwench.com
Using a chopstick, I turned the tube to be the right side out. This can be tricky, but persevere as it's worth it. To see how this is done, check out Genoveva von Lubeck's tutorial here

I then pressed the fabric, as the chopstick method does crease it somewhat.

I put the charms on to the fabric using jump rings. A bird, a pearl, a heart and a flower (the pearl and flower are off a broken necklace).

quintonwench.com
Finally, I tied two sliding knots to allow the bracelet to be adjusted.
quintonwench.com

**** Linking up at these sites

14 comments :

Natalie Patalie said...

Cute! I will be trying this out. I don't know how to do a sliding knot, but I'm sure it can't be hard, hahah.

Unknown said...

Glad you like it Natalie. Shout if you need help with the knot :)

Lisa said...

This is darling! What a great Idea.

kukafera said...

So beautiful!!
Hugs from Spain!!
Ingrid

Sum of their Stories said...

oh so gorgeous. I am already thinking on what supplies I have to try this out. I think I need one of these in my life!

Krystie said...

This looks just darling on your wrist, thanks for sharing!

Lilly's Mom said...

Wow! It's a beautiful bracelet and I may even venture to make one since I'm way too old for the others. Thanks for sharing.

Lucy Blossom said...

It's very pretty, thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

Great idea love the colours

Unknown said...

Very cute, and a good way to use some scraps up too. Apparently there's some loom band dresses going for £700 on ebay!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

How adorable. My girls will have fun making these. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Kendall said...

Beautiful! You did an awesome job and it looks great! :)

Swinging by from Turn It Up Tuesday hop!

Ann said...

Hi, I just found your page. Could you tell me how to make the sliding knot? Just lovely...

Unknown said...

Hi Ann, this YouTube video shows you how to do the sliding knot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnft-ewGbqQ

thanks for visiting!