Saturday 21 April 2012

Tee(light) Total

With the warmer nights (HOPEFULLY!) making an appearance soon, I wanted to create something for the patio area. I have used LED lights around the tree, but I wanted something for the table to house the citronella candle tealights.

Having found a wonderful tutorial for Crochet Votive Covers on Nature Nut Notes,  I went in search for some tealight holders. They're not cheap!!! So, I wandered down the glassware aisle of my local Dunelm Mill and came across these Whisky Tumblers for 58p each!

Now if you're Teetotal or you've drank all the Christmas Whisky, why not use the redundant tumbler for a tealight holder?
quintonwench
I really enjoyed crocheting these as they are so quick and satisfying!
quintonwench
I couldn't wait for the sun to set to see them in action...
quintonwench
 quintonwench
Looks like I will have to drink the Whisky from the bottle from now on ;)

*** NEVER LEAVE LIT TEALIGHTS UNATTENDED ***

11 comments :

Michele said...

So pretty! Glad you had fun making them.

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

Drinking whiskey from the bottle will be worth it... these turned out great! Can you share the pattern you used?

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

If you click on Nature Nut Notes in the second paragraph of the post, it will take you to the pattern.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Glad you came to look.

Anonymous said...

They look lovely!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting!

Unknown said...

These look fantastic, especially with the light shining through them! Handmade items like that look really great around the house :)

Ronnie Anderson said...

Great idea and they look fabulous!

Unknown said...

I suspect I'll have them all over the house soon! Thanks for visting!

Lolachoco said...

Sooo pretty, i will try it next time :)

comes from "Show and Tell Saturday"

Erika said...

I love this very simple project, and yet very cozy for a candle night dinner, who would have thought that a crochet would give such a nice touch to a glass and a candle at night. Really beautiful! Thank you for sharing.