Sunday 20 May 2012

One fine day...

The weather here in England has been far from what you'd expect from May. We have had so much rain the past two months, that the drought which was declared back in March has been cancelled!

However, today was a fine day and a chance to go out and explore what we have literally in our back yard... The Leasowes.

Our view ...
I forget sometimes how lucky we are, especially as we are only a few miles away from the City.

The Leasowes was owned and designed by William Shenstone, an English poet, back in the 18th Century. 
It houses many pools, cascades, a golf course and club house (Shenstone's former home) and this month, these 3 beautiful Exmoor Ponies ...
These are just a small amount of the photos I took - I got a little 'camera happy'!

We took a walk around the canal basin which neighbours the land ...
And we fed the life down at the pools
At the entrance to The Leasowes is a picnic and children's play area.

How great to see this little girl feeding a very friendly robin ...
As I type, I can see the park at dusk and I'm hopeful that England will see some more Summer soon!

12 comments :

Unknown said...

You lucky ducky, you! What a beautiful place to be!! Thank you for linking up to Freedom Fridays. I am stalking you back, heheheh!
PS Following on pinterest.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, you are sooo lucky! That view is absolutely beautiful! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Garage Sales R Us said...

Jealous of your view! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am a new follower! I hope you'll drop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

Robin

Soyun Park said...

You have such a beautiful park surrounding you. How awesome! I am sure you get insrpied by those beautiful natural creatures all the time. You're so~ blessed!

Unknown said...

I love your photo collages! What do you use? Something online or photoshop??

Ann Jones said...

That park looks beautiful, you are lucky to live so close! New follower on GFC from blogaholic, I look forward to your future posts!

http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hey there! Wow, what beautiful photos and I love how you posted them!

I received your group message from Blogaholic so I wanted to stop by and say hello! I am your newest follower on GFC and Linky Followers. Feel free to stop by my blog and do the same!

I'll be checking back soon!

Best Wishes,
Mia at The Muses Circle

Unknown said...

These are some seriously gorgeous pictures! I just adore the ponies and the little lovey with the bird. Glad to see that I am not the only one with sewing aspirations! Thanks so much for joining the under 300 followers blog hop.. I am your newest follower~
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these lovely photos. It's good to see the ponies have so many admirers!
http://exmoor-pony.blogspot.co.uk

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Karen nice to meet you. Beautiful photos. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment. Hope to see you on MOnday for my newbie blogger party. It is a great way for you to meet other newbies.

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! I love taking pictures of animals and nature. Stopping by from Pinkapotamus: Under 300 Followers Blog Hop and your newest follower on GFC, Linky Followers, G+ and Blot Lovin'.

Stop by my blog when you get a moment. I will be posting my newest completion in a day or two. Its for my nephew and I can't wait to hear my sister's reaction to it.

All my best,
Alisha aka Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife

CHELSEA ST PIERRE said...

Hi Karen...lets cut to the chase ...when can we come visit!!!!!!!! OMG!found you thankfully on under 300 blog hop.great photos!!!!! hope to see you soon.