Sunday 22 July 2012

Hello Summer! Finally...

We're used to unpredictable weather here in England, but this summer has taken the mickey just a bit! Last time we had great weather, I blogged about it. That was 20th May 2012! This weekend, summer has finally graced us with His presence (I say 'His' because if summer was a 'She', we would have a wonderful few months every year without fail!)

We spent what seemed an age digging up weeds and pruning the hedges to reveal the view from our garden.
The recent warmth and sunshine has also enticed the roses out and I didn't realise what lovely colours we have in our garden. I am not a 'gardener', so if you know what variety of rose these are, let me know.
I type with a red glow on my body - sitting out crocheting in the sun for a little too long it seems. But I got carried away with the music playing from my ipod and a cheeky drink ;)
As the sun set, out came my crochet tea light holders and the chimnea - come on, you didn't think the warmth would last into the evening, did you??! 
Our chimnea was bought with gift vouchers from our wedding back in November 2010. It's one of the best things we've ever purchased, enabling us to sit outside 'til late, feeling snug and warm. It also gives David the opportunity to be a boy scout again...
Mr Summer, please don't leave it so long to visit again, David and Karen miss you!

21 comments :

Abi said...

Those light holders are lovely! You could do co-ordinating coasters for the drinks ...

Highland Monkey's said...

I remember a lonnnngggg time ago sitting out in the sun! That chimnea looks fun, there's something about wood burning that is so comforting!

Unknown said...

I am glad the weather finally took a turn for the better. You've waited a long time for summer to begin!

Made in Suisse said...

That photo of the crochet tea light holders is beautiful!!

Martha said...

oh my goodness! crocheted votives are so pretty! i need to brush up on my crocheting skills instantly! im in love with yours!
love the pics too! so cosy and summery :)

Fiddly Fingers said...

Lovely pictures. We too are experiencing 'Summer' (but shhh! don't say it too loudly as it may disappear!)

butterflyblossom said...

I would love to have a chiminea, yours looks so gorgeous! X

knitnrun said...

I so love those crochet tea light holders. They look amazing. I am going to have to give it a go now. Thanks for sharing and I hope they get lot's more use!!

Free Spirit Designs said...

your crochet tea light holders are soooooooo fabulous!

it certainly is lovely to have some sunshine at last :) perhaps it will stick around for a while! x

Unknown said...

Your photos are great! The tea light holders are so creative...thanks for sharing.

The Rehomesteaders said...

The crocheted candle holders are adorable and make for a beautiful photo!

Unknown said...

I love your tea light holders!

<3 Hannah

http://welivedhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

Garage Sales R Us said...

What a great idea! I am visiting from thee blog hop. I am a little late but wanted to drop by. I am a new follower! I blog over at http://garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ I hope you will stop by and do the same. I also have an awesome giveaway going on right now with a Cricut Machine! i would love it if you would enter!

Robin

Adorned From Above said...

These are so cute. I have a link party, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/face-cleansing-oil-and-wednesdays.html
It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Michelle L. said...

I love the tea light cosies! And the photo is absolutely gorgeous. I have that same chimenea - so much fun, and yes, my husband acts like a boy scout too.

Ally said...

Beautiful foliage you've got there! You've got a real English rose garden. The only names I could come up with for your roses are: red, orange, and melon. Botany is not my forte.

stylesofcooking said...

I have unknown roses in my garden too!!! Love the tea lights, really effective

Unknown said...

Here in Washington we get a tease of Summer and then the rains back! We'll both keep our fingers crossed!
Love the tea light covers, too cute!
Visiting from the hop!
Newly following (;

Wendy said...

Love those tealight cosies!

Adorned From Above said...

Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. Great pictures, and I love the crocheted votives.
Debi

Mrs Whiffo said...

Thank god we have got a little sunshine!! It has been so depressing!
Love those little volitive holders. I know what you mean about men with fires, it turns my Mr W into a caveman pyromaniac :)

Mrs W (WW link up)