Saturday 1 December 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...

This week I started decorating the house, starting with the artificial tree. I used a set of LED lights around the trunk and another set around the tree - you can get a tan from it!
Hanging the tree decorations brought back lots of happy memories.

The first tree decoration I ever bought for my tree...
The ornament my husband used to propose to me Christmas 2009
My favourite tree decoration from my childhood, which I now have thanks to Mom!
Christmas in New York (I love New York)...
Of course I happily displayed my own creations too...

Rustic Candy Cane Decoration (tutorial here)
Felt Christmas Heart (tutorial here)
In the Dining Room I have a small fibre optic Christmas tree. The base is far from attractive, so with some left over wool I have given it a quick makeover. Double crochet stitches in the round and some ribbon did the trick.
All that's needed now is some snow!


Linking up at these sites

16 comments :

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! That ornament has to be the cutest way to propose, love it! And love the Christmas sign, I hung our one up on the fireplace today, would love some snow!

Wendy said...

Oh how lovely!! Now I am starting to feel Christmassy!!

Free Spirit Designs said...

oooooh you are organised!! I love your hairy santa decoration and the proposal snowman one too - so cute!! x

Handbags by Helen said...

Oo, i love the journey around your Christmas tree. I still have my first ever Christmas bauble. I love the way evolution of our Christmas tree decorations tells a story about our past.

Anonymous said...

I really love the red crochet - brilliant. Isn;t it lovely how ornaments have such great memories attached to them? What a great way to propose.

Blue Forest Jewellery said...

That's such a pretty tree skirt! The tree looks fab too, and it's so lovely that all your decorations have such personal meaning for you. Have a great week, Alison x

threads 'n' shreds said...

Wow an amazing array of decorations! Especially love the Christmas lettering! I'm very late when it comes to decorating, i guess working in retail takes the shimmer and shine away from the season :(

fatmonica said...

Love your Christmas tree-you have some fabulous decorations on it!Good idea for the crochet trim,it looks brilliant and totally transforms the tree!

Cocoa & Heart said...

Makes me feel really guilty, because I have not even started on Xmas decorations. I always think I have more time (then I actually have), but it could be also my upbringing - we used to put up Xmas tree on Xmas Eve in the morning.

Unknown said...

That's some tree! I have been thinking about getting ours out but I'm not sure I can bear to yet....loving yours though.

Ali said...

It was lovely reading about your Christmas decoration memories. What a sweet husband. The crocheted pot for your little tree completely revamps it.
Ali x

Tamara said...

Love the idea for covering the base of the small tree!

Sara - My Merry Messy Life said...

I love your felt heart and the tree base cover you crocheted! I've seen the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular and it is so much fun! Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day, Karen!

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

Isn't Christmas time just the best! These decorations are awesome! Love the felt ornaments.
Carlee

Almost Endearing

aimymichelle said...

i love ornaments. especially handmade ones. you have some awesome ones!

JoAnna said...

I love that Christmas banner. Is it made of wood or plastic or clay? It's a really cute idea!