Saturday 17 August 2013

Buggy Buddy

A simple pram/buggy blanket using Patons Fab DK wool and a 6mm hook.
It's my own pattern (I decided to just go for it and see how it worked out).
Ch to the length required and then sc into 2nd chain from hook
Row 1: **dc into next chain, then sc into the next chain; repeat from ** until the end of the row, ch 1 and turn
Row 2: sc into next stitch then follow Row 1
Repeat Row 2 for subsequent rows until desired blanket size.
Finally sc evenly around the blanket, twice.

(This youtube video is great at explaining where to place your stitches, especially on the sides of the blanket - ideal for the less experienced like myself)
My blanket measures 25 x 30 inches
I love how this wool has 4 colours in it; grey, blue, white and lilac - ideal for a boy or girl.

**** Linking up at these sites

18 comments :

Unknown said...

It is lovely. Xx

Unknown said...

Perfect for those walks on chilly days. Cozy!

Anonymous said...

very nice colours!

Sarah Leonard said...

Gorgeous - never mind the babies I want one :)

Thanks for linking up!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely and you make it sound so simple. xx

Unknown said...

I love the colours and the stitch looks great.

Ginx Craft said...

I love the photograph with it rolled up. It just looks so thick and scrummy.

Tina's place said...

thank you for sharing..very pretty. I'm looking for a new pattern to make an afghan for my son and his g/f. this could be the one! :)

Lucy Blossom said...

It looks so lovely and snuggly, especially wrapped around the bear. I think the colours are great too.

Unknown said...

It looks lovely and soft!
In a Pickle

EleanorLucy Millinery said...

Oh fab - it's smart but cosy, chunky but soft, and cute without being too sweet: great combinations!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

It's so special!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful colour! A lovely blanket x

Ali said...

Gorgeous colours and lovely pattern. Your teddy looks very pleased with it :)
Ali x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous blanket! Simmi x

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

It's beautiful and looks so soft! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

Lovely! I wish I could make stuff like this but I haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing or how to begin! Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends last week - I hope you'll join us again tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what you've been working on this week! :)

Betsy Pool said...

So pretty - it's very lovely. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!