Tuesday 23 September 2014

Shades of Autumn

So it's officially Autumn. Despite the sunny bright days, the nights are chilly and the leaves are starting to fall... all the inspiration I needed to create this scarf.
quintonwench
I followed a free pattern by Crochet In Color.

I used Sirdar Cotton DK yarn in autumnal colours and a 5mm hook and did 17 rows in total.
quintonwench
Instead of braiding my ends, I added a fringe. Here's a great tutorial showing how this is done.
quintonwench

**** Linking up at these sites

11 comments :

Unknown said...

I love your scarf! Great colors for fall.

buttons and paint... said...

What gorgeous colours! Perfect for wrapping up warm :)

Lilly's Mom said...

This is a lovely scarf. I love the colors that you used. It is perfect for autumn!

Blue Forest Jewellery said...

Love the colours and the fringing and so glad the autumn days are inspiring everyone.

Have a lovely week, Alison

Fiddly Fingers said...

Love the colours in this scarf. I used the same yarn (different colours) for my bag. It is so lovely to work with.

Ginx Craft said...

What a lovely mixture of colours you have used. Simply perfect.

Ali said...

What a wonderful scarf, perfect colours for autumn.
Ali xx

Unknown said...

love the colors, love the stitch, love the style and length! This will be a fun, warm and beautiful scarf to wear this fall. Thanks for sharing the pattern!

Lucy Blossom said...

ooh I could cosy up with that right now! I love the gorgeous colours you've used.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

That's a gorgeous scarf, and perfect colours for feeling a bit autumnal!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Great fall colors in your scarf. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com