Friday 12 September 2014

Let's Peg It!

I came across some jumbo pegs at my local Tiger store and knew one could be easily transformed into a unique photo holder.
quintonwench
The pegs were a bargain at £1 each.
quintonwench
I took a peg apart and used each piece as a template on my paper. I cut these out with a craft knife and stuck the paper to the peg pieces using Mod Podge.
quintonwench
Once dry, I brushed on a layer of Mod Podge to form a seal.
quintonwench
Finally I added 3 flower embellishments to the bottom of the peg ... less is more, as they say!
quintonwench
This peg is a great photo holder, but also great for keeping together important bits of paper, including those supermarket coupons!
quintonwench

**** Linking up at these sites

8 comments :

Free Spirit Designs said...

Oooh this is gorgeous! I want some jumbo pegs now! :) x

Lucy Blossom said...

What a great idea, and perfect for the leftover offcuts of paper that I always accrue.

Sum of their Stories said...

Very cute. I like the idea that this can be as fancy or simple as you want it to be.

Ginx Craft said...

Tiger is such a great store. This has made me want to head off there. It is really hard not to come out with a heap of shopping.

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Nice simple project, works really well.

buttons and paint... said...

What a fab idea! Could customise them for every room! x

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea! Great project and simple too! I co-host a link party and would LOVE for you to stop by and share this great project. The party opens tomorrow (Wed) at 8:00 EST. Have a fabulous day! Marilyn www.4you-withlove.com

itsamistry said...

Fabulous and a bargain at a £1 each. The nearest Tiger shop is in the midlands :)