Friday 7 June 2013

Bun In The Oven

It's been a while since I blogged and here's why...
They say the first few months can be very tiring. I am textbook! I have had little energy and have spent most of my spare time resting or sleeping. It feels like it's been work - sleep - work - sleep for so long.

It's been a long journey to get to where we are today. I miscarried triplets back in 2011 and until now we haven't been blessed. But after an operation and some medication, fingers and toes crossed, we're expecting this bundle in early December.

I worry every day. People say not to, but worrying is something natural that you can't control - if only we could! I guess I just have to roll with it.

To ease some of our anxieties, we had some early scans...

6 weeks the baby is tiny, but we heard it's heartbeat
9 weeks - looking more like a jellybaby!
and most recently, the scheduled 12 weeks scan - baby wouldn't keep still so a clearer image couldn't be taken
I am slowly getting some energy back, so I plan to get creative again... whilst I still have the time!

9 comments :

Unknown said...

Congrats! :)

Diana Chastain said...

Congrats! :D

Unknown said...

Congrats! You are so right about the worrying. Pregnancy brings a certain amount of worry on its own but I feel it's much worse after experience a miscarriage. Or, it's at least harder to control that worry and push it aside. I hope all continues to go well for you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'll be praying for happy & healthy pregnancy for you! What wonderful news!

All My Happy Endings said...

Congratulations, my friend! I just found I'm pregnant, also. It will be fun to watch each others journey for the next several months. xoxo to you!

Unknown said...

Oh! What wonderful news!! I know what you mean about worrying....Hubby and I struggled to have our babies too, but I went from being told "no way!" to giving birth happily 3 times in four years!

Melissa@Home on Deranged said...

So happy for you! Hearing the heartbeat is one of the most exciting - and reassuring - sounds in the world! And I feel you on the worry - I worried through my entire second pregnancy, and she came out just gorgeous! :)

Cropped Stories said...

Congrats! This is very exciting! I'm sorry to hear about your previous loss; it's unfortunate how common it is (I myself have lost a few too). My sister in law has lost 3 (maybe even 4) so this time they tried in vitro and she is now pregnant (into her 14th week) with twins ;o) We are all VERY excited!

Libby said...

Congratulations ~ take care