Friday 4 April 2014

Spring around my neck

A crocheted flower necklace...
quintonwench.com
These vibrant colours from Patons are just the thing for this springtime necklace.
quintonwench.com
The pattern for the flowers can be found over at Attic24 - a great picture tutorial, ideal for beginners.

I used 3.5mm hook for the outer flowers and a 5mm hook for the centre flower.
quintonwench.com
I joined the flowers together from behind using a whip stitch.

I then finished the piece by adding a pearl to the centre of each flower and a simple chain stitch - using the same yarn as the centre flower.
quintonwench,com
**** Linking up at these sites

4 comments :

Garden Chef said...

Simply beautiful! Love the color combination! Pinning this!

Megan @ Purple Dancing Dahlias said...

So cute! I will have to bookmark this for a rainy day. Stopping by from The Clever Chick Blog Hop.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi I see that you linked up to the party Lets Get Social Sunday and that you enjoy crocheting. I love crocheting too. Hi I am Julie at Julie's Lifestyle julieslifestyle.blogspot.com and it is nice to meet you. I will follow you on all your social media sites and I hope that you will follow me back too! Take care and happy crocheting.
Julie

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! I live in a houseful of boys, but this would be awesome for my niece! Beautiful! ~Kelly @ Eyes On The Source